About UsSupport for Families of Children with Disabilities
Support for Families of Children with Disabilities (SFCD)is a parent-run San Francisco-based nonprofit organization founded in 1982. We support families of children with any kind of disability or special health care need as they face challenges.
Our VisionFamilies of children with disabilities will have the information, resources and support they need to make informed choices for their children.
The purpose of Support for Families is to ensure that families of children with any kind of disability or special health care need have the knowledge and support to make informed choices that enhance their children's development and well being. Through fostering partnership among families, professionals and the community our children can flourish.
Most of our staff members, volunteers, and board members are, themselves, family members of children with disabilities.Read our most recent Annual Report to learn more about Support for Families.
- Community Parent Resource Center (CPRC), US Department of Education
- Parent Training and Information Center (PTI) as part of the Northern California Region 4 Collaborative, US Department of Education
- Family Empowerment Center on Disability, California Department of Education
- Early Start Family Resource Center, California Department of Developmental Services
- Family-to-Family Health Information Center, Family Voices of California
- San Francisco Population-Based Family Resource Center for Special Needs (First 5 San Francisco; Department of Children, Youth and their Families; SF Human Service Agency)
In this video, some of our families explain why Support for Families is so valuable to them.
To watch the video with closed captioning: click the play button, hover over the screen, then click the "cc" button in the bottom right corner of the video.