Learning Disabilities Info Packet
Support for Families has produced the following information packet to assist families and professionals with their search for essential information and access to resources. We hope that they are helpful and invite you to contact us with questions or comments.
Download the entire PDF packet in your preferred language below, or scroll down to find links to each section of this packet.
Section 1: Fact Sheets and Diagnosis
- "Learning Disabilities Fact Sheet" by National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities (NICHCY), updated by Center for Parent Information and Resources (CPIR)
- “Understanding Executive Functioning Issues” by Amanda Morin & Understood.org
- “Having Your Child Tested for Learning Disabilities Outside of School” by Reading Rockets
Section 2: Strategies for Home and School
- “Understanding Response to Intervention” by Amanda Morin & Understood.org
- “The Difference Between IEPs and 504 Plans” by Understood.org
- “Common Modifications and Accommodations” & “Accommodations and Modifications: How They’re Different” by Erich Strom & Understood.org
- “Assistive Technology 101” [pdf] by Family Center on Technology and Disability
- “Effective Reading Interventions for Kids with Learning Disabilities” by Kristin Stanberry, Lee Swanson & Reading Rockets
- “Organization and Time Management Strategies for Kids with LD” by Nancy Firchow & GreatSchools
Section 3: How to Work with Professionals
- “Parent Tips” by LD Online
- “Building Parent-Teacher Relationships” by American Federation of Teachers & Reading Rockets
Section 4: Resources
These resources do not endorse any services or programs listed, nor are they to be considered an exhaustive listing of organizations or websites. If you find any incorrect information, if you would like to offer feedback, or if you know of additional resources that may be helpful to include in the future, please contact us.