Support Groupssponsored by Support for Families of Children with Disabilities
All support groups are free of charge. Childcare is provided, unless otherwise indicated, and must be reserved in advance.
If you are interested in participating in any of these groups, call the Warmline at 415-920-5040 or e-mail us for more information.
Pre-registration is required.
Autism Support GroupMonthly support group for families of children with Autism.
- Meets every 4th Tuesday of the month, 6:30pm -8:30pm
- Facilitated by Diana Blank, LCSW
Cantonese Speaking Parent Support GroupFor Chinese-speaking families of children with special needs.
- Meets every 2nd Saturday of the month, 1:00-3:00pm.
- Facilitated by Mee Kit Yip-Li.
Cerebral Palsy Peer and Parent Groups
- Currently on hold.
- Call 415-920-5040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for current
status or more information.
Chinatown Child Development CenterFor Chinese-speaking families of children with special needs.
- Meets Every 3rd Monday of the month, 9:30-12:00pm.
- Facilitated by Lisa Yee.
Down Syndrome Support GroupFor parents and caregivers of children with Down Syndrome.
- Currently on hold.
- Call 415-920-5040 or email email@example.com for more information.
Living with Loss: Loss, Hope and HealingA group for parents and caretakers of medically fragile children and children facing life threatening illness. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-920-5040 for more information.
- Facilitated by Nancy Iverson, MD.
Mission Head Start GroupFor Spanish-speaking families of children birth to five with special needs.
- Meets 2nd Wednesday of the month from 9:30 - 11:00 a.m., Sept to May
Parents of Transition Age Youth with Special Health Care Needs and DisabilitiesJoin us for information, resources and support for the issues we and our youth face as they reach adulthood.
- Meets 1st Tuesday of the month from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Facilitated by Linda Tung.
Prader-Willi GroupFor families of children with Prader-Willi Syndrome.
- Meets quarterly on Saturdays from 10:00am-1:30pm.
Preemie Support GroupThis is a support group for parents of preemies in all stages of their development. Parents of new preemies, as well as of older children who were preemies, are welcome.
- Meets 3rd Thursday of the month, 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Pilot Sibling Recreational GroupFor 8 - 13 year old brothers and sisters of kids with disabilities or special health care needs.
- Tentatively meets 3rd Saturday of the month from 10:00am-1:00p.m.
- Facilitated by Nora Martin and Adrienne Cane Ilang.
Spanish-Speaking Parent Support GroupFor Spanish-speaking families of children with special needss.
- Meets 2nd Wednesday of the month from 10:00am-12:00p.m.
- Facilitated by JoAnna Van Brusselen.
Tube Feeding Support Group
- Meets on the 4th Tuesday of the month from 7pm-8:15pm.
- Facilitated by Judy Chen.
Tuesday Night GroupA group for parents who have children with a disability or special health care needs.
- Meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month from 6:45-8:30pm.
- Facilitated by Nina Boyle.
Please contact us at 415-920-5040 for information about other support groups being offered or if you are interested in a group on a specific issue.