Support for Families seeks to commission at least 3 culturally reflective artworks from artists who identify as BIPOC, Latina/o, and/or Chinese for our new office. We are seeking works that center themes of resilience, disability/ability, family, hope, and diversity. Our initial vision is large murals on canvas (24” x 36” or larger); however, submissions for any medium and any size are welcome. We prefer to commission new works but will consider existing works as well. (We do prefer to avoid exceptionally fragile pieces as we often have children in our offices.)
Support for Families provides free help for families of children with disabilities and complex medical needs across San Francisco. Services are provided in English, Spanish, and Cantonese as well as other languages. Many of our staff are parents of children with disabilities and our offices are also a drop-in Family Resource Center for families.
FEE: We intend to select 3 artists and we are offering a fee of $1200 per artist.
• 5-10 high-resolution images of representative artworks (or of the specific existing piece). Only .jpg or .png files accepted
• Video submissions are limited to 90 seconds in duration. Only .mov files accepted.
• All images and/or videos must include title, date, media, and dimensions.
• A current artist’s statement of approximately 250 words. Only PDF or Word files accepted.
• An updated résumé. Only PDF or Word files accepted.
• A 1-page letter of interest with proposal for the commissioned work (or description of the existing work). Only PDF or Word files accepted
Submissions should be emailed to [email protected] by 5:00pm on May 30, 2023.
Questions can be emailed to [email protected].
Support for Families reserves the right to select or not select as many or as few artists from this open call as it sees fit.
This work is funded by restricted grants, including in part by the San Francisco Department of Early Childhood Week of the Young Child Celebrations.